20 de abril de 2013

F1.com: Q & A com Kimi Raikkonen

Em breve tradução! ;)

Q: You seem to be the ‘all-weather’ man this year: whatever the conditions, whatever the tyres, in the end a podium is almost certain. Are you the ideal driver right now?
Kimi Raikkonen:
 Ha, I wish I was. Clearly you have to look at the conditions and cope with them - even though our car is not the best right now, we are able to adapt to situations pretty well. And, of course, I am always trying my best to deliver a good result. 

Q: It looks like you are almost unaffected by whatever is going on around you. You may not always have the best qualifying - just like today - but most pundits have you on their shortlist of potential winners for the race…
KR:
 Ah, look back at Malaysia. There I had some issues with the car, so no race is a walk in the park for me as you suggest. (laughs) That’s how it goes. But for sure I always try to maximize the yield of points. 

Q: There were high expectations today that you would go out in the last two minutes of qualifying and show everybody the way. But you ended up in P9 - and will start from P8 due to Lewis Hamilton’s gearbox penalty. Was there no more to come?
KR:
 No, we haven’t got the speed for one lap. Hopefully the race will show a different picture.

Q: Is that what your team principal Eric Boullier calls your finishing qualities?
KR:
 Could be. One lap is one thing, but to do 57 laps and stay at the top of your game is quite another. 

Q: That must make you a much sought-after man. There has been talk that Red Bull could imagine you joining them next year…
KR:
 I have no contract for next year - that much is true. But further than that, I don’t want to discuss the matter. I want to do well this season and everything else will fall into place. 

Q: What would convince you to stay at Lotus? What would make you move on? And do you want to stay in F1 racing in the first place?
KR:
 I haven’t thought about all that yet - I feel good here. But yes, there are many things that are undecided and there is still a long way to go this season, so let’s see how things unfold. We will see pretty significant changes when teams switch to their 2014 car development - and then it will be interesting to see what is going on. 

Q: Would you be a better team mate for Sebastian Vettel than Mark Webber? Could it be that friendship is overrated in this matter?
KR:
 I don’t know. These are not the things that I think about right now.

Q: Would you like to have a more challenging team mate? Or is there something in being the de facto number-one driver?
KR:
 Look, sometimes he (Romain Grosjean) has a difficult weekend and sometimes I do. In the end it does not matter for me as I don’t really need somebody who is pushing me. I do my own thing. 

Q: You were a surprising third in last year’s championship. Now you are an arguably even more surprising second in the standings. Are you surprised yourself - or is this in line with your personal expectations?
KR:
 Sure, it’s interesting to beat your own benchmark. The only plan I have in my head regarding that is doing better - as to how much better, let’s see. I am pretty relaxed about all these self-appointed point counters and soothsayers. Just let’s wait and see.

Q: Money makes the world go round and that includes development and development speed. Could that correlation make you nervous this season?
KR:
 True, we have less money than some of the other teams, but I am not sure if that will really hurt us or not. Last year we were able to do pretty well, so why not this again season?

Q: Malaysia was a bit of a drop in form for you. Why did it happen there and could it be symptomatic of conditions like that - ie higher temperatures compared those in Melbourne and Shanghai?
KR:
 Nothing to do with conditions. We had some issues with the car, that’s all. Conditions are overrated.

Q: What’s the best part of your car? 
KR:
 I would say that we are more or less okay everywhere. We don’t have really bad points anywhere, but also not really good points. The car works okay. 

Q: So let’s try this: what’s the best part of your life right now?
KR:
 I have a lot good things to do and I don’t complain. My life is okay.

Q: Can you comprehend all the lamenting about the tyres? You seem to be pretty unimpressed…
KR:
 We cannot change them right now so you better get used to it. Lamenting over things never helps. 

Q: Last year here you were on the podium. What is likelihood of a repeat tomorrow? 
KR:
 We are lacking a bit of pace, but in a long race with strategy involved anything can happen. Sure the starting position is not ideal.

Q: Strategy will again play a major role. Will we see daredevils trying to run a two stopper, or will three stops be the way to go?
KR:
 I think three stops will do it.

Q: So you will be running on three stops?
KR:
 I don’t know yet…

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP